Skip to content
You can find what browser you’re using by visiting http://whatsmyuseragent.com/. If you’re using Firefox or Chrome you can type about: in the URL field and also find the browser specifications.
Supported browsers for Windows
- Internet Explorer, version 11 or later (32 bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox, recent versions (we block anything older than 2 releases past)
- Google Chrome, recent versions (we block anything older than 2 releases past)
Supported browsers for Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox (To preview and print forms, you also need the Firefox PDF Plugin)
- Safari for Mac version 6.1 or later
- Google Chrome
Browser support for exporting data
- Exporting report data to Excel requires Excel 97 or later.
- In some case, exporting data to QuickBooks or Quicken desktop edition requires an Internet Explorer ActiveX component (you will be prompted by IE if you don’t already have it).
- For Safari, we currently do not offer payroll export to QuickBooks or Quicken desktop edition.
- *U.S. Customers Only – Exporting data to QuickBooks or Quicken desktop edition requires a supported version of Internet Explorer plus an ActiveX component (you will be prompted by IE if you don’t already have it).
Supported browsers for tablet/mobile devices
You can access QuickBooks Online on your iOS(Apple), Android, or Windows 8 device. Looking for an app instead? Read QuickBooks Online mobile apps for information on apps that are available for download.
For best results on your mobile device when using a browser, use the following:
iPhone / iPad
- iOS 7.1.1 or newer (as of 6/20/14)
- Safari browser with Private Mode Off to allow cookies which are required for QuickBooks Online
- NOTE: If you are trying to use the auto-fill feature that Safari offers for web addresses and you are not able to access your account, please type in the following address and click Go. Do not use the Auto-Fill selection: http://qbo.intuit.com
- Other browsers such as Chrome, Atomic, and Dolphin are not supported on iOS, but may work.
Android smartphones and tablets
- Jelly Bean 4.2.2 or newer (as of 6/20/14)
- Chrome browser
- Other browsers such as Firefox, Opera, and Dolphin are not supported, but may work.
Surface / Windows 8
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher using Desktop Mode. If you’re in the Metro Mode of Internet Explorer – you should be prompted to view on desktop.
- Windows Phone 8 is not supported and will not work`
- We don’t have any hard-and-fast systems requirements per se. If you can run one of the recommended browsers on your system, then your system should be fine for QuickBooks Online. Check with Google (Chrome), Mozilla (Firefox), Microsoft (IE) or Apple (Safari) for system requirements for each browser.
- We support the 32 bit version of IE. If you have a Windows 7 or 8 64 bit system, you need to use QuickBooks Online in the 32 bit version of IE.
- We don’t currently support the Linux operating system. If you choose to use QuickBooks Online with Linux anyway, we recommend using it using the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox.
Thank you for your feedback
We got it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the QuickBooks Design System team. Your feedback helps us make the system better!