The Before task modal displays a modal dialog prior to a user starting a new flow for the first time. It interrupts them during first use of a feature/task to expose them to a dedicated FTU experience.
The modal can act as a fork in the road for a user that is exploring the product or launch a guided tour of the process they are looking at. The illustration gives the user an overview of the process before they jump in.
- Because this is an interruptive experience, use sparingly.
- Use a modal when the user enters a flow.
- Allow for the user to opt out of the experience if they choose to.
- Allow the user to dismiss and be reminded to do it at a later time.
- Only used when there is a specifically designed experience for the user to engage in other than the normal ongoing use.